Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Prawn Fritters - "Malaysian Monday 16"


Great minds think alike? Like my friend Shaz from Test With A Skewer , I also made some prawn fritters during my absence from my blog, for the purpose of posting it on our weekly Malaysian Monday. I used some school prawns I found in my freezer but any medium size prawns will do the trick. Please check out Shaz's version and my dear Makcik Manggis  from Jom Masak....Jom Makan-Makan  has also made some really delicious looking ones, for her version click here.
P.S Don't forget to check out the very delicious 4th round up of Muhibbah Malaysian Monday .



makes 6 to 8 fritters
you'll need;
1/2 cup of fself-rising flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
150 g of whole school prawns
1 onion, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
1 tsp of chili powder
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of water



Chop chili and onion.



Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.



Fry the mixture (2tbs each) til golden.



I prefer to serve the hot fritters with some sweet chili sauce. I will show you what to do with the leftover (if they are any) fritters at the next Malaysian monday so stay tuned.



Shaz from Test With A Skewer is hosting the November event, please send all entries to its.sharon.gmail.com . To find out more please click HERE.

18 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, it's cucur udang season! I saw cucur udang on another website recently too. Must be something in the air. I'm trying to guess what you'll use the leftovers for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last photo! Looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Great round up and this looks like a fantastic snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha mari kita buka warung cucur udang:) pasti untung "ketawa dengan kuat"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cucur udang especially that one prepared by my mom, she add a lot of prawns ! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the spices in this. And then dipping them in the chile sauce... heaven. I imagine I could easily down a platter with no leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love prawn fritter, looks so yummy and I would like to add more prawns :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is a killer dish! Looks incredibly yummy!

    Big big hugs!

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so salivating! Addictive too, can't stop at one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No there would not be any leftover around here...just wanted to let you know I made your recipe for Gong bao Chicken last night...It turned out wonderful...a little hot...ok very hot! Next time I will have to use less than 20 peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks ridiculously good! I would love to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cucur udang? complete with chili dipping sauce..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks and sounds delicious buddy. Great with beer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look very good! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to have you back and a very impressive round up! this looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow yums, i've tried another version with the addition of sweet corn and it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just discovered this site! Looks great! Will try out your machik manggis noodles SOON!
    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin